Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post
A buddy of mine has a td04 with ~50k miles but its from his 03 bugeye I could a.) send it or b.) put his in my car (some modification needed I believe) and send mine out. Are you gonna pay the $95 for the port?
As long as your friend has taken care of his car and not flogged the turbo with high boost pressures or aftermarket BOV's that might leak boost and stress the turbo it should be just fine. Blouch has to take the turbo apart to do the upgrade. You can ask them to check the bearings and call you if they need to be replaced. If they are good, no cost. If they are bad then you can make that decision on the spot.

The turbo I'm sending for the 19t upgrade happens to be a deadbolt monster td04, so it already has some nice exhaust porting and coating. If it didn't, I would still pay the $95 for porting. Clipping the turbine wheel gets better top end power, but you lose a little of the spool characteristics. The porting work should increase exhaust flow into and out of the turbine which should recover some of the spool characteristics you'd lose from the turbine clipping. IMO its the best way to get the top end power while maintaining decent response.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote