Scooby Newbie

Member#: 111952
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
'21 ZL1 1LE
'23 Solterra '19 Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post

Have you driven the car, or are you going off of car mag reviews?

Yes the car does have a solid rear axle and it is not ideal, but the car actually handles pretty well. The steering is pretty tight and body roll is very minimal. I was concerned about the car's handling characteristics before I bought mine, but after driving it for 2,500 miles now I am not worried in the least. It handles pretty well IMO and the only time you really even notice the solid rear axle is when you're going over some hefty bumps at higher speeds.

And this is even on stock tires. the Stock tires are crap on the VT (Kumho Solus something) so I can only imagine how much better it would be with a nice set of KDWs, which I plan to have next summer.
I test-drove the base Veloster (The turbo shares the same suspension but different steering I think.) and walked away quick. I did not think it handled well at all nor did I care for its driving experience. It's a great value and fine for its class as a normal econobox but it severely lacks any type of sporting intent. I wouldn't put it near a Mazda 3 either.

In another thread, I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleface View Post
For a car weighing ~2700 lbs, it felt alot heavier and bigger than my WRX. It simply didn't feel tossable. The steering had good heft but it still lacked feedback and it was weird the wheel wouldn't naturally wind back after a turn.
YMMV.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
noodleface is offline   Reply With Quote