jhmr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313217
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowIMg View Post
As someone with noisy neighbors, and ex-neighbors who would fill the common places of my building with a very specific blend of smoke. Some of us do not want to discuss it with our neighbors. I have no interest in knowing them. I live in a place that I pay rent for that has specific rules. They were blatantly violating those rules. I left them a note asking them as politely as I could to stop (I actually did this 3 times). I had absolutely no interest in having a discussion about it.
You should at least sack up and admit that you didn't knock on his door because you were afraid. You weren't trying be nice. A passive aggressive note is not nice. Passive aggressive notes are weak, lame, and annoying.

Quote:
The note was my nice attempt. They decided to ignore it. I then called the police. They are no longer living in the building, as they were evicted after the police visit.
I'm surprised. It actually takes A LOT to evict someone, I'm sure his noisy exhaust wasn't the only reason. Must be different it Illinois.

Quote:
There's a balance here. If you are violating laws/rules of your living situation, you are in no place to have a discussion. If they have bothered to warn you at all, they are being nice and you should comply. If you feel you are on the right side of all applicable rules/regulations, then by all means ignore it.
The OP didn't say his exhaust broke any laws. He only stated that he was annoying the crap out of his neighbors. The fact that SEVERAL neighbors got together behind the OP's back to whine about his exhaust was also not nice. It also seems that the neighbors knew the OP was not an asshat neighbor, albeit he was being annoying, so there was nothing to fear. They just didn't want to seem like buttholes by telling him their problem face to face. Guess what, they came out like buttholes anyway. Even worse than that, they came off as cowards. How embarrassing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.