Member#: 206058
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1997 OBS 2.2L
Dark Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
This is a no brainer:

Buy a C5 Vette for $10,000 then put $2000 into brakes, power, alignment, race tires and used Z06 struts/springs/wheels. In track trim you could get it down to as little as 2500lbs with 450hp and 315 hoosiers all around. It would be next to impossible to build a car for that price that would be faster. And even if you could build something faster it might take a year to build and a few years to get setup.

I know it's fun to dream up some cool track car build. But all too often after people build something like that they bring it out to the track/autox only to get beaten my miatas on good tires.

Do you want a fast car or a project?
Thanks! I'll look into the vette. (I don't mind projects though , and I've got the tools and the space)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
The 944 or E30 is a good choice IMO. Parts aren't that expensive if you know where to look the handling is great and the motors are reliable if treated well. I've seen fully prepped 944's for ~$6000 and if you ever want to go wheel to wheel Spec E30, 944, or miata are great entry level classes. Either of those are going to be much cheaper to race than a c5 vette not that they aren't relatively cheap for how fast they are.

If you don't mind fwd civics are good choices too.
I kinda want to stay away from the ricemobile stigma of the civic, and I don't like how they look. I know thery're really popular.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
luke714 is offline   Reply With Quote