Scooby Guru

Member#: 108051
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Turner View Post
You can rent a gauge from Vatozone for free. Just need a deposit. Hook it up and set pressure. I guess thats what you are asking. Most of the time, I run 45 psi and then hook up the line. If I need more pressure and run out of injector, I might run 50. A single walbro wont support big boost which translates into big fuel pressure on top of the high base pressure. They will hit 65 yo 70 peak and then fall. So if you are at 50 thats 20 psi. Past that, You have to use IDC to make up the lack of pressure/flow.

C

Ok makes sense I'm gonna pull the pump out and inspect my fuel filter make sure it's not cracked somehow. Then mod my walbro255 for now by closing the pressure relief valve until i can get the walbro450 and install it for the re tune. And I'm actually using a snap-on oil pressure gauge that comes in a test kit. I'm running 42psi base id2000 inj. so 21psi boost It should be around 63-65psi when it get's in this range on the gauge psi start's to bounce back and forth around 50-60psi and just's jump's back and forth during a pull. I just wanted to try and solve this before my retune.

I know it can be one or some of these issues.

Fuel pump (old)
Fuel filter (old)
Voltage ? didn't check assume it's good.
FPR witch is new aeromotive compact efi
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by spoolinsti05; 10-23-2012 at 01:22 AM.
spoolinsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote