Scooby Newbie

Member#: 138957
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI Limited
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnoff View Post
Installing the Pioneer X5600BHS this week when it arrives from Crutchfield along with the Axxess ASWC.

Quick questions:

1) Crutchfield is sending the following Scosche dash kit, but I've heard mixed reviews as to the fit. Which one did you use? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SU20...t.html?tp=3121

2) Which added leads for the Metra wiring harness are you referring to, and how did you add them? Any chance of a picture? This is going to be my first self-install and this is the only thing that's confusing me.

This post mentions splicing into the factory harness, which I'd like to avoid as I'll want to pull everything out when I sell the car eventually:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...55&postcount=3

Looks like I can figure out the wires themselves based on that post, but I'm wondering how you added them to the Metra aftermarket harness without cutting wires in the factory harness if at all possible.
I used the same dash kit, but I trimmed away the plastic brackets in favor of reusing the metal. I also had to trim the back of the front face to fit properly with the head unit, otherwise it would have been inset too far.

I added pins to the Metra harness for use with steering wheel controls as the Metra harness lacks them. If this confuses you I suggest just buying your harness from SVXdc instead of going this route, just note that he is busy and may take a while to respond. He is also the only one who has the AUX harness adapters if you want to retain the stock aux port. No need to splice at all, it's just one of the mentioned options to retain steering wheel controls.

Sorry no pics, I don't plan to remove my stereo any time soon.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sebhockey is offline   Reply With Quote