gould9184
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37503
Vehicle:
2006 Saab 92X Aero
Midnight Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by johsti
It is very possible that he was trying to sell you a stage 2 package (full TBE and AP).

Sounds like a good salesman to me.

It says right on their website that the removal of the first cat after the turbo is all that's required to run the stage 2 map. You can go with any of your listed options and you'll be fine, and your car will feel much more powerful. You might be leaving a few hp on the table, but if your goal is to look stock and have a quiet car, then it's worth it. I would recommend getting a protune to make sure your car is running safely.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I thought it would be safe enough to do it, but this is my first brand new car and I wanted to be sure so I called. Problem is, I have a Prodrive axleback... I don't want to buy a 3" intermediate pipe, or I would have got a catback. My only option is a stealthback setup so I can still keep my Prodrive muffler if I'm going to go to a full 3". I don't know of any downpipe that is bellmouth, 3" and tapers down to 2.5" and mates up to the stock intermediate pipe... do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX03
^ Also adding to above post did the person from Cobb tell you that their DP tapers down to the stock donut gasket diameter.

I'm using a full DP with HFC and stock catback-no problems here too. In general the father away the restriction is from the turbo the better.
Yea, that figures. I knew it sounded a little odd they'd say it HAS to be 3". He made it sound like if it wasn't it was "extremely dangerous," and their own DP tapers down to stock diameter.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to stick with Stage 1 for now even though it's hardly any difference on the 06. If I knew of a DP that is bellmouth, 3" that tapers down to 2.5" and mated to the stock catback, I'd be set.

EDIT: I know they make aftermarket DP that will technically mate up to the stock catback, but I didn't want a 3" to 2.5" transition, because the possiblity of a leak.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by gould9184; 07-20-2006 at 08:33 PM.
gould9184 is offline   Reply With Quote