View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #271
blazing55
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460641

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngw682eni View Post
So I was able to install the radio yesterday to see what results I would have. I purchased a 2019 WRX radio with phone button and was installing it in a 2018 with the same phone button radio 7”.

I ran into trouble with the harness not matching for the one input, the pink wire I believe is used for Starlink. The backup camera worked, along with XM radio. The radio does not turn off when the car is turned off as the 2019s are wired to turn off when door opens. The Apple car play logo was on the unit but did not function with the current USB ports in the car.

Hope this helps. I’m going to continue research to add to door wires but looking more like I’ll go the aftermarket route with a simple plug and play unit to get CarPlay.

Hope this helps others looking for some answers.
Hi guys. I just installed a 19 Wrx radio to my 17 Wrx sti non karmon unit 7". Everything went smooth and I did change the starlink pink wire to that of a 19 Wrx....same pin location. Everything works including USB mic and aux. Only 2 minor issues is it does not turn off. It only turn off after 3 mins and I timed it many times on gps/Android auto/music Pandora and it always turns off. So if it is not a biggie you can just let it sit for 3 mins. I also tested starlink and it worked fyi. 2nd issue is the steering wheel controls. I already purchased those from Subaru for about 100 bucks. They call y cruise switch part #83154VA300. I will test those when they come in
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blazing55 is offline   Reply With Quote