View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #2029
xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

10 turns would be quite a problem! I don't even know if it has 10 turns of adjustment. Luckily 10 turns would never happen by accident. I don't think you could even do more than 1 or 2 clicks (fraction of a psi) by accident. It's just not that easy to spin (it has a detent so it "clicks" as you turn it).

I've found it takes about 4 full turns to go from wastegate pressure (just over 20psi) to my desired peak of ~27psi. It is nice to be able to jump between those two whenever I want (although I never have turned it down in the past, so I don't know if I really will do that now...). I just figured it would be nice for the track in case I want to tone things down a bit on the fly.

Here's another lower shot:

I ran the vacuum lines across the engine bay and through the large grommet in the fender (along with all the other wiring I have done). Plenty of room in there. The MBC was mounted into a hole that was already existing under the dash. I don't know why it was there, but it was a perfect fit for the bolt.

I was a bit worried that the extra vacuum lines would cause problems, but I haven't noticed any issues so far. Spool and boost control seem to work just fine, but I would still like to pull a log to confirm. The only oddity is that you can hear the MBC venting air once the ball/spring opens up (as it should). It's just a slight hiss and by that time the EWG is open so it doesn't matter anyways!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote