View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
maverick83
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman44 View Post
So I did a little digging around. The stock way of oscillating the afr actually is because it facilitates a chemical reaction in the cat. Putting it in open loop under low load is going to be fine just raise emmissions. Doesn't solve the original question though.... But I view it from the physics standpoint of conservation of energy. If you are running 14.7:1 you'll be using the full potential of your fuel, same with 15:1 or 16:1 anywhere above 14.7 and you will be maximizing fuel efficiency. Butttt that doesn't account for uncertainty in things like tip in enrichment... Might be worth it.

But yes to change closed loop afr its the 'closed loop fueling target.' Mine was in at 14.47 maybe that is the stock value. I changed it to 14.7 and the car seems to hang around 15.0 mostly. Still doing the oscillating down to 14.6 or so.
Do you have a "closed loop fueling target" table in your ECU?
I just have 2 tables that looks similar to that one and they are compensation tables. But oem they have already many negative values...so I guess I just have to decrease more this values in order to get what I was searching for.
Am I right? ...2011 Sti with 32bit ECU
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
maverick83 is offline   Reply With Quote