Scooby Guru

Member#: 255776
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
I came in here expecting the normal crap Nasicoc (and I) give people for not searching. I did not come in here to learn something new. I had never thought of Swain Tech for coating exhaust. I had heard the name, never thought of their ceramic coating though. Thanks for that car_freak. Do you have any personal experience running that coating?

Found the estimate downpipes at $40 per ft.
http://swaintech.com/race-coatings/a...s-price-sheet/

Now what would be cheaper, going used and getting their coating or buying brand new and their coating.
"Used parts can be coated. Stripping paint, rust or a previous coating may require an additional charge." Once I decide to go stage 2 I may be giving them a call.
I have firsthand experience with SwainTech. I swear by their White Lightning coating. I can't compare spool time to myself, but 750-1000 rpms faster than a same car, roughly same mods, same fuel, but uncoated header and up pipe. HOWEVER...I don't see much if any benefit to coating the downpipe. The ONLY thing that I could see it helping with is underhood temps and heatsoak. Even then, a turbo blanket would be better.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
drewvdw is offline   Reply With Quote