Scooby Guru

Member#: 124113
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
Pura vida!
Yellow V standing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
The bootloader unlocking was fairly easy for me but i doubt i will buy another Xiaomi just because of how bad they are at following the GPL. I have never seen so many compatibility issues as i do with MIUI and you can forget about any custom development at least for the first 6 months. other than that, i am loving the phone itself (averaging about 7-8 hours sot).
The unlocking process changes with every phone now. It's an absolute cluster. For a company that supposedly offers a simple apply and unlock system, it couldn't be more of a pain in the ass. This past year I was reading about people needing to buy/fabricate a special deep flash cable to do it. Then they block that. Use EDL mode. Now they blocked that. Simple adb commands like on the Mi4C? Nope. It seems like every solution that is found is shut down and they make it harder and harder. Don't even get me started on all of the Chinese forums, .exe's and versions of junk people suggest worked for them.

Dat feeling when you finally get TWRP on your Xiaomi doe

And yea, I never buy phones upon release. I wait until the price drops and I can gauge the dev community.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
delongedoug is offline   Reply With Quote