Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492769
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Sonic Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rodman View Post
An entire drive train is getting deeper into it. Yeh, its awesome, I paid $5300 for mine, did not include struts, brakes nor knuckles. I got a Ver 7 motor, transmission, prop shaft, cv axles, rear diff, ecu and harness. You can just start with a motor. To run an ej207 with enabled avcs you have to run a jdm ecu, no Cobb tuning. Ver 7 you can use the same aftermarket down pipe you may already have on your wrx. Ver 8 and ver 9 come with twin scroll turbo, requires a twin scroll turbo down pipe. Ver 8 and 9 come with factory equal length header, no rumble. If you want to learn more about an ej207 motor swap search here for ej207 owners thread. Vlad put a lot of time and information into that thread, check it out.

A good alternative is a jdm ej205 with avcs, much cheaper initial investment, leaving money for new turbo and supporting mods youd want. Youd have to run a jdm ecu for enabled avcs, use same exhaust type as you have now. You do a vf48 or a 16G and have a great setup, depending on fuel and supporting mods you can get to around 300hp, reliably, if you take care of it. A jdm wrx full drive train is also an alternative, lower gearing on the transmission/rear diff.

Already have a JDM ej205 with AVCS. Im thinking of next steps. Where to go from here. I got some body work that needs some looking at (rip New England)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
knightangle is offline   Reply With Quote