Old 11-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #965
open1your1eyes0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479997
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited CVT
Lapis Blue Pearl

On another note, I have the R400 on my WRX and no complaints of drone here at all (this was a concern for me too), but of course I'm on stock DP and, more importantly, FA20 instead (so it may not apply to EJ25 the same way). But I do think the R400 completely makes it sound like a completely different car and finally brings out the true sound of power out of the FA20 (stock mufflers were just insanely huge).

Honestly, I dunno how they did it but, at lower RPMs it has a genuine rumble to it, almost like the classic Subie rumble from the EJs (not quite but very very close). After doing my research, supposedly the R400 (due to it's unique split muffler structure) is the only one that produces that kind of sound (and I absolutely love it!). I'm sure on the STI it will only make that rumble even more pronounced. The volume is definitely significantly louder than the stealthiness of stock but at the same time not obnoxiously loud like muffler deletes or the N1 so I really do think it's the perfect balance.

As a sidenote I do also think the R400 tips look absolutely gorgeous on Lapis Blue Pearl!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by open1your1eyes0; 11-06-2018 at 02:09 PM.
open1your1eyes0 is offline   Reply With Quote