Old 08-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Ying
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 166490
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

I just bought my wife a 2013 2.5 CVT Outback and will attest that it doesn't have the greatest pick up in the world. Fortunately I have my WRX to take care of that problem and I don't necessarily need my wife breaking land speed records anyway. Still driveable in my opinion. If it was my car, I would have a different opinion of that but for what it's worth it'll still merge nicely into swiftly moving traffic.

Other notes:

The CVT transmission is interesting to get used to. Seems like it's unnecessarily revving at 3K RPMs sometimes when I feel it should be up a gear but I guess that's just the nature of the beast. I'll probably end up driving in the manual mode if I ever drive it just to at least have some fun in what's a pretty boring car in my personal opinion.

Suspension is noticeably stiffened from past Outbacks I've been in but still forgiving. I agree with SpeedShift that the suspension was more "sport tuned" than what the rest of the car has to offer but it is nice for cornering. A lot less roll than I would have expected from such a large car. Not real bouncy and takes bumps well.

I guess I'm just happy she's got a car with a lot of nice comfort features. She's not the best driver in the world so the reverse camera in the rear view mirror is a welcomed option. Lots of room for road trips with our 70lb dog.

In hindsight, I wish I would have at least taken the 3.6 for a drive to see what that felt like. My wife doesn't need that though so it didn't even cross my mind at the time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ying is offline   Reply With Quote