View Single Post
Old 02-21-2001, 12:51 AM   #12
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

Post To Those With Cobb Tuning Cams

Well I am up to about 500 miles now with my new cams and it seems that its not pulling nearly as hard as it did when they were first installed. I ran a 16min break in at 2k rpms, then allowed the car to cool while resetting the ECU. During the test runs it pulled hard. It now feels like its accelerating like it did previously, just breathing a little more freely in the upper revs. It still runs great, gas mileage is fine, but I also no longer hear any valve ticking (was present right after install). Idle is louder, but no clicking. It also doesn't seem to want to rev as quickly.

Did any of you guys notice a loss of power during the first 3k miles? Was the power returned after the valve tolerances were reset? Are the valves going to be very far off when I set them again? (thinking of doing it this weekend) I may be crazy, but it just doesn't seem like it has as much oomph as before; no more throwing you back into the seat as you gradually dip into 3rd. Heck, the car falls flat on its face at about 90mph. It requires full throttle to push it up to 100mph and I don't think it was that bad even when it was stock.

Thanks for the help.

-Jon

PS: No CE light, no sooty pipe, nothing out of the ordinary...cept maybe a slightly dirty air filter.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote