Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinxH View Post
I would think that too much droop would lead to a more sloppy suspension feel.
Nope, not at all. Beyond a certain amount of total travel (often in the 30+ inch range for things shaped vaguely like out cars), it gets a little hard to control the movement, but the ~6" of total travel on a good Subie suspension won't cause any problems.

Quote:
Also, I would also think how fast the suspension "droops" is more important than the maximum amount of droop when it is raised up.

I've seen different cars with coilovers get jacked up, and some would droop at a faster rate than others. From how I see it, it makes sense that the faster it droops, the more useful it is to keep the tire on the road as you pass by a bump for a split second.
You're now talking about damping, not travel. Yes, getting the bound and rebound travel is also an important part of good suspension. However, faster is not always better. Faster means the damper is exerting less control over the spring. At a certain point, that will mean the spring is not sufficiently controlled. The fastest setup would have no damper at all and it's obvious how bad that would be.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote