View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #1
d4d4d4d4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38925
Vehicle:
1990 legacy wgn
Pig blood for paint

Question Older ej22 to ej25 Phase 1 or Phase 2? Which one?

I'm sorry that this subject has already been rehashed millions of time, but I have a question that I haven't been able to answer yet.

I have a 90 legacy 2.2 na. I had read a slight bit of info saying that I can swap in a 2.5 for pretty cheap and easy. From what I understand, I can swap in either the phase 1 or 2 engines if I use only the 2.5 engine block and heads. The Throttle body and intake manifold will bolt right onto either 2.5 blocks, right?

My main question is which phase 2.5 should I get? Is it really as easy as unplugging everything from the 2.2 and removing it and then bolting in a 2.5 block and plugging all the 2.2 components onto the 2.5?

Another possibility:

If the 2.2 to 2.5 swap turns out to be too much money and headaches, couldn't I get a phase 2 2.2 and swap that in with absolute ease? The newer phase II 2.2 put out a considerable amount of more horsepower than the old 2.2's. Old 2.2= 130hp : New 2.2 = ~149hp.

In all, my goal is to get another engine into my car, but at the same time increase my hp if it doesn't require much more time and money.

---thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
d4d4d4d4 is offline   Reply With Quote