DonkeyyKongg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 383466
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2004 STI
wrb

Default 2004 STI--slow and steady rally build

I decided to start this so I can log everything I have done to this car and get some feedback.

I bought my money pit of a car at the end of 2019 and it has been in and out of the shop getting a built motor with some bolt-on goodies, transmission rebuilt, and dyno tuned.

When I bought the car it didnt sound right, the transmission was grinding on 4th and 5th had a bigger turbo with no tune. The monkey I bought it from put a new oem short block in himself....he didnt pull the pin from the bell housing and cracked the transmission so the car ended up being more of a money pit than I initially thought... but I couldnt help my self with the 04 WRB STI.

the day I brought it home...
https://imgur.com/dMBZdRN

I had every intention of turning this car into a stage rally capable car, so I wasnt too worried with what it looked like on the inside/outside.

This build will be slow going, doing what I can to it when funds/time allows it.
I have been doing rallyx in my old car 2011 wrx hatch for the past 3 years (2017-2019). the 2011 wrx was hit while parked outside my house in 2019 but now I have my 04 STI because of it

I took the car to a local shop that specializes in Subaru repair/upgrades called m45. While there they did a full inspection on it and pretty much told me my car needed a new engine/radiator and calipers/rebuilt transmission. I gave them the green light to proceed with the repairs. knowing the engine was crap I decided to go with a built motor, built by m45. After the build/break-in was done with it was tuned in house by Snail Performance.

after the being in and out of the shop so much, the wife and I took it on a cruise to the mountains.
https://imgur.com/MWoZEfT
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DonkeyyKongg; 01-11-2021 at 12:42 PM.
DonkeyyKongg is offline   Reply With Quote