Old 01-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #240
archer1.8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 148335
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2018 STi Type RA#454
WRB

I was always curious about the JDM STi R205 Lower Arm Support Bar. This piece preceded the front draw stiffners. All of the literature I have read said that both of these parts could not be used together, because of interference.

Well, after looking at a bunch of different installed pictures I was convinced it would fit, and took a chance. Early in November I found a guy parting out an R205 in Russia who had one for sale for stupid cheap.

As of late, I have been focusing on getting the car ready for the dyno with the new power mods I totally forgot I ordered it. It showed up in a sketchy box and was surprised when I opened it lol.

I installed the bar the way the R205 had it, STi emblem facing forward, and the brackets reversed. It installed perfectly fine. However, I found that it hung lower below the subframe than what the pictures of the R205 showed. So maybe the subframes are different?

So I reversed the mounting brackets side to side, and mounted the bar with the STi emblem facing rearwards. It tucks up absolutely perfectly between the draw stiffners, and the JDM STi Front Support Braces.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
archer1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote