View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 30953
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Truckee, Ca
2015 wrx



If you are adding a turbo to a NON turbo car, then you will NOT pass smog in Cali. The Only way to accomplish this and to get legally bar'd is by installing a NEWER turbo engine in stock form from a WRX/STi (ECU, motor, exhaust). I did it 2 times without issue. Keep in mind the motor has to be bone stock just as it came from the factory for the donor cars model year. Once you get the sticker, you are good to go for the life of the vehicle. Do keep in mind you will still need to pass smog every 2 years like everyone else. SO modding is fine, but you will need to return to stock when you smog is due.

Hope this helps...

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lame is offline   Reply With Quote