ByeBye4g63t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 290896
Vehicle:
2004 STi, FOR SALE
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmabluewrx View Post
I would bet a lot of money that most ring land issues are cars that were over-revved. People miss gears and bounce off the limiter, do it too often and stress weakens parts. Add to that gas that may be a little watered down from sitting, and there goes piston #4. The people who have stock cars were most likely at high load in the lean part of the stock tune.
Overall, it's ridiculous to think that Subaru would not make a change if there was an issue with the pistons or anything else. I don't need to know exact percentages to know that Subaru would not be as profitable as has been in recent years by releasing defective motors!
SS, I would suggest a new STi or if price matters WRX, used ones are a gamble and cost nearly the same as new. Another benefit of new is this is possibly the last year of this generation and it is pretty cool to have the last year of a specific model.

Hitting the rev limiter = ringland failure? Please explain, I'd really like to hear that one. Gas that may be 'watered down'. Really, how often do 08+STi owners not drive their car? It would have to sit for quite a while before the quality of the gas would be a real issue.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ByeBye4g63t is offline   Reply With Quote