Scooby Newbie

Member#: 455092
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited 6MT
ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Thanks! Glad to hear you are along for the ride. Should be a fun one.

The LED's definitely are an improvement over stock. I found the fogs to fill in the lower area of the beam pattern much more cleanly than the stock halogens. I also found them to be much wider, so I can see much more on the side of the road.

As for the high beams, it takes some time getting used to the yellow color as opposed to the softer white of the stock bulbs. But I did notice the LED high beams protrude much higher and wider than the stock bulbs. Do they light up the road anymore than stock? I would say it's pretty on par with stock. It may be a tad brighter, but it's nothing that is going to make your jaw drop. Either way, I prefer the LED's on the car is it draws much less current and bulb life expectancy is much longer. I'm very happy with the bulbs I chose and would recommend them to anyone.

If you decide to snag a pair, let me know! I will be sure to send SubieLED a message to see if I can get a discount for you guys.
Good impressions on the coverage, that has been one of my sticking points with the factory bulbs.
I'm worried about the DRL mode being too bright though and blinding people with what is effectively a high beam. I'm sure when you hit them with the 12V for high beam it's more than bright enough, just wondering about the 6V brightness.

Also, did getting the fender emblems off give you any grief? Going to be doing mine soon, was planning on using a heat gun and some fishing line.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ATMINSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote