View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #38
RacecarWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499928
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Track day at Thunderhill East was a huge success. I'm currently working through all the videos, but while that is happening here is a quick one from last week.

During the GGLC event at Thunderhill West, the WRX hit a curb pretty hard. I cut a corner slightly too early, the front left went off the track before making contact with the start of the curb. The rest of the session the car performed fine, and the during the drive home the high winds made it difficult to tell if there was an alignment slip.

In this video, I quickly inspect the tie rod, ball joint, and wheel bearing. I also double check camber to make sure they are still equal on both sides. Unless a suspension arm bent and pull would be a result of a toe change, and a toe change would be a result of a camber change. Checking camber was a quick way to verify that toe was still OK. I also pull the pads and show you some of the wear that can happen while tracking, and I think it is a good reminder to always flip pads to help increase longevity and even out wear.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RacecarWRX is offline   Reply With Quote