RacecarWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499928
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofime View Post
What pads were those?
Iíve had that happen twice both times it was from overheating the pads aka wrong compound for use (though I could get away with ds2500 for first couple events I stock tires NOPE and trying powerstop brand trackday pads on the rear after being more experienced NOPE)

Are you running lower than 200TW tires? If so get less sticky tires, itís a lot cheaper than a dry sump if youíre not competing in a class that needs the stickier stuff.
Gloc R16s. A good brand, and one of their most aggressive compounds. The friction material was taking the beating fine, it was the mechanical retention that failed. I got an email out to them, hopefully we can figure out how to keep it from happening again.

I had 100TW tires on them, semi slick r compounds. Not the most sticky of the tires available, but still pretty good. Most of the 200TW tires cannot handle the heat generated by the car and its weight during the 20 minute long session. Plus, I want to try to hit a lower 2 minute time, and hell if its possible pull a sub 2, but I'm dreaming here.

There is a lot of room for improvement, both in my line and in the suspension. This was only the second outing with the new coilovers, and the first at this track layout. There plenty to tweak and try to improve, hopefully without popping the motor.

SEXXXY!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RacecarWRX is offline   Reply With Quote