View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
gunshed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485056
Default 2004 WRX EVAP Delete Service Manual Question

Hello all,

I am looking to delete my EVAP system entirely (Charcoal canister, all solenoids, lines, etc...)

I am aware that I will receive the following codes:
P0458 - EVAP system canister purge solenoid valve circuit low
P0447 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Open
P1400 - Fuel tank pressure control solenoid valve circuit low input

I have an AccessPort, but the a**holes over at Cobb put AccessTuner Race under a paywall, but thats a totally different topic. Anyways, without that I can't easily turn off the codes.

So my solution is to place resistors on all the plugs to "simulate" the missing equipment. Now I need to find proper resistor values to make the ECU happy.

After some googling and digging through my Service Manual, I've come across some miss-matching information:
The manuals over at XXXXX show a very broad 10-100 ohm values for P0458, but an unknown manual another user posted on this thread: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2302198 shows 29-35 ohms. I cannot find this version the manual... It looks like he is using a H4DOTC version, but I checked all the years and cant find the 29-35 ohm spec on the pdf versions I have.

Can anyone help me source the correct manual? I'd like to check the resistance values for the other solenoids. I'd guess a 33 ohm resistor would work fine for the others, but I'd like to make sure.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Unabomber; 11-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.
gunshed is offline   Reply With Quote