Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78728
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 STi
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirban0 View Post
just to clarify, you literally just poured it down into the core right? like through a funnel and the inlet hose?
- Yes. The pressure of the water seemed to just push it through the core. Your old coolant should push out followed by eventually clean water. If that doesn't work I think you can borrow a flush hose nozzle from autozone's loan a tool program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirban0 View Post
did you actually replace all the coolant/oil/pcv/fuel/vacuum hoses? or did everything just look that good on your car?
- I replaced a descent chunk of it. When I bought the air oil separator most of the PCV hoses got replaced anyway. A descent chunk of the coolant hoses got replaced, some of which I bought from subaru because they had odd bends in them, and some I just bought coolant hose from autozone. Fuel hoses under the intake manifold got replaced, the fuel hoses from the fire wall to the top of the intake manifold were good so I didn't replace them. I may need to get some evap hoses in the back end of the car as some days I smell some fuel vapors.
It's best to take your time and replace what you can while you have access to it. Auto part stores sell all different size hoses and you can buy what you need and just replace as you go through different steps.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dash_Martino is offline   Reply With Quote