Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalessio View Post
I think some work on the headlights would be a solid upgrade. The black housing on the WRX Limited/STIs look pretty good from the factory, but the amber sidemarker always bothered me on mine and painting them would definitely enhance the front end.

For the back end, did you consider the OEM (or aftermarket) exhaust finishing trim? That might help tie it together if you wanted to hold off on the diffuser (or in addition to). I'm not a fan of the sheet metal ones diffusers everyone and their brother on Instagram runs, I think they cheapen the look of the car, but I hear you on the authentic pieces (Varis etc) being pricey.

And this is definitely just my opinion that I know some might disagree with, but I would prefer to keep my OEM heated seats for a daily - unless you're planning on going full show/track build...then definitely Recaros!
Yeah, I would just be upgrading the C lights and changing over the amber corners to smoked. Paint work I am iffy on, so most likely will just get the c lights and reflectors completed and call it done.

yes, I am actually placing an order right now for some CF bits and one of which is the exhaust finisher trim. I too am not a big fan of the sheet metal diffusers, but found the versus one to be someone do-able. Doesn't look as obnoxious as the others out there. Most likely this is something I'll never end up doing because there isn't 1 option out there that gets me excited.

It's a daily and will always be a daily. The stock seats are extremely firm, uncomfortable, and sit way too high. I would be getting recaro sporster cs's or gt's which have airbag and heat options you can add from Recaro. So all the stock 'option' would still be there. I would just have more bolstering, more comfort, and have a much better driving position. These seats also have an adjustable back, so they aren't fixed seats. I've done the fixed seat thing in a daily and it got old real quick.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote