Member Sales Rating: (49)

Member#: 68273
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
GD Race Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcb View Post
My reputation and hundreds of satisfied customer speak for themselves.

Don't you think if I dropped the unit I would pay to have it fixed? I recently had to replace an STi cluster that was damaged-$300.

Every single time a customer has had a problem we have worked diligently to a complete solution.

Does that box look like it was damaged enough to cause the damage to the unit?

We offered a very workable solution to this customer and he refused. Now he is using the forums to exact revenge.

Check it out yourself. Like I said, my reputation precedes me.

What I meant by the whole fraud seeming thing is for him to ship the unit back to me insured and I would file a claim on my business insurance-no use in going to UPS.

Once again, another offer he refused.

This customer just contacted me again yesterday, threatening to do exactly what he is doing, after over a month of silence.

The offer to get the unit fixed and split the cost is more than fair.

If the customer wanted insurance, he should have specified and made it clear that he was willing to pay for insurance.

He has posted the instructions we send to all of our customers. Here they are again:

Yes we can converted your AVIC-Z3 backlighting. The cost is $45.

Please ship to the address below and include a Paypal address, return address, phone #, and detailed instructions in the shipment.

We look forward to working with you on this project!

Detailed instructions-not there.
This is clearly a crappy situation, but I have two pieces of advice. First, unless you have hard evidence, it's bad business to accuse a customer of being a liar. In this type of situation, you just have to eat the cost and make it right. Second, NEVER ship anything without insuring it. I believe UPS gives you the first $100 free and then it's $1 for every $100 after that. It's a no brainer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
boost junkie is offline   Reply With Quote