Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 616
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
WR Blue

Thumbs up Chip...

Okay, I just have to weigh in on the whole chip debate. I have the Scoobyracing TQ chip, which is more or less the same thing as the PROECM. Now, I've heard a lot from people who have said that the chip does nothing. First and foremost, I think it very HIGHLY likely that they installed it wrong, because it is REALLY easy to do (trust me on this... EVIL instructions). Also, to all the MAP boys, the bad news is this.. You wont see as much of a diff as those of us running MAF. This is because the knock sensor on the older motors was more aggressive as a consequence the timing was retarded (hehe) further. On my car, once I actually wired the chip in right and it had learned the car, it was a whole new ballgame. Every mod I had ever done came alive. However, the good news to everybody as I understand it is this... The stock subaru motor tends to run rich high into the rpms, which hampers performance (and mileage). These puppies sort that out for us in a very nice way. Above 4k, the car pulls like crazy . Granted, as has been said before, your first take wont be that much better, or maybe worse due to relearning and the fact that you cant keep your foot out of it, but after that the mileage is surprisingly better, as the engine isn't wasting fuel like it used to. Withoust a doubt in my mind, this mod has made more difference than ANY other mod I have done, and is an absolute must unless you are getting a programable unit or SAFC.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote