View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Denneghy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 259272

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAesthetica View Post
Youre good no worries

If you have driven it, wash it. If it sat and its super super windy, wash it. If its a calm night in a calm neighborhood I think most agree a very thorough rinse should be alright(though I would wash it lol).

Also like Noek said, something like a porter cable polisher(we just finished a group purchase but could set you up if you like) for the future might make it easier to apply wax thinly but if you apply it thin by hand there isn't a real need for one. But if you ever decide to polish they are definitely a tool investment to consider.

As for the dawn wash prior to claying you can skip, if you are claybarring, a heavy dose of your car shampoo(2 oz per gallon of water) and your regular wash followed up by a good clay should get anything you have on there off. And just so you know if you didn't already. Thats why we tell everyone follow the 1 oz per 1 gallon of water rule. Stronger mixes and just using the "glub glub glub method" can sometimes strip your wax prematurely - unless thats what you are going after.
Ok thanks for the advice. Now I have to wait till the sun goes down before I wash it. I swear I wish someone would blow up the sun already. Maybe I'll take it to the self carwash. Thanks for the offer on the polisher in the future if I'm interested I'll contact you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Denneghy is offline   Reply With Quote