AWD BRO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488722
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5rs w/EJ20K
& (now) 3 other GCs

Default Plumbing all the things

So with the engine physically installed, we're on to the next challenge of this setup, all the custom plumbing.

First things first was the radiator. If you saw in the last post, the turbo is now sitting where the bottom of any OEM fitment radiator would be. I needed something that would fit where the AC condenser would be. This means in between the top and bottom of the core support.

Thankfully, this same issue has been dealt with by those who do H6 swap. Enter the Saab 900 Turbo radiator. This happens to fit perfectly in the space where the condenser used to be and seemed to be the only realistic option.

So I bought one from O'Reilly's and slapped it in there:

Please ignore my hackassery moving forward, this is literally being thrown together for fun

First fitment issue was the lower rad hose contacting the J-pipe. This will be fixed later:

Here's the charge pipe plumbed in:

Going up through the fender just to go back down to the front mount is a bit idiotic, but again, first iteration, budget, just experimenting...

I also took the time to set up the oil filter relocation, scavenge pump lines, and a lot of other little things, like fuel lines, vacuum lines etc..

General engine bay view:

and of course, a video to go along with it:

So that's everything coming along pretty nicely. I don't have anymore pictures to post besides these bonus one of the car sitting around on the driveway:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AWD BRO is offline   Reply With Quote