Old 03-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
not my president
(From General)

There aren't a lot of modifications you can do with the FB20 or with the car in general. Take a look at Tire Rack for ranges of offsets, widths and diameters that will work. From an OEM standpoint, any Impreza or Crosstrek wheel will work. Outback and Legacy went to 114.3 at some point. Not sure when. Do you know the history on any warranty work that's been done? We have a 13 Crosstrek (pretty much the same car) and had the short block replaced at 94k miles from oil consumption. The exhaust can be changed to make more noise. It will make zero power and you won't get the subaru rumble because the pipes are equal length.

Something you might want to consider and I know this will cost money. Find another Impreza with Eyesight. Your wallet will appreciate it from an insurance standpoint. Eyesight includes auto braking. Unfortunately, it's only on CVT cars. I'm considering one at this point.

I went through the accidents from Son #1 and am now in the midst of it with Son #2.

I commend you for not going with a WRX or some other stupid car for a new driver.

Good luck.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote