View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:14 AM   #143
Legacy_H6TT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 137502
Vehicle:
1990 Legacy GT-t
Blue over silver

All this talk about fuel heating is rather interesting, I had never really considered it as a thermal management concern before. This gets me onto thermal management in general; if you're optimising your cooling, intake temps, oil and other essential fluid temps, then if it is an issue then you probably ought to be optimising (or at least controlling) your fuel temps. It's no more difficult to run a fuel cooler than it is a fuel filter or oil cooler. Sure, you can do the analysis to try to determine how much you need to lower your temps by, so that you can calculate the correct cooler size, and then you are free to run whatever fuel system (series, returnless, etc) that is going to meet your power requirements.

As for my thought about running a true parallel system forward, just an idea I guess, but someone a while back told me that V and Boxer engines can be somewhat treated as 2 separate engines; I even considered making separate intake plenums for my EZ30 (complete with secondary injectors to back up the ones in the heads) so that I could feed each turbo into its own intercooler and intake, with independent exhausts (no x-over or Y-pipe) to make truly separate engines joined only by the crankshaft... again, just an idea, and the 2 fuel lines kinda fits with the concept, although I am sure there will be factors to consider if actually implementing a system like this, such as inline fuel flow measurement and electronic pump control.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Legacy_H6TT is offline   Reply With Quote