Old 04-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
Methodical4u
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 217546

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle View Post

You should listen to Kean.

Ill elaborate.

So before anyone jumps to any more aggressive methods of correction (ie, wet sanding, cutting compounds, steel wool, or ANYTHING else that is super abrasive), you should always start with the least aggressive method.

Water spots are chemically etched into your paint, so...... it would make sense to chemically remove it/relieve it from your paint surface. There are many many chemically formulated water spot removers/relievers that are solvent, citrus based, etc that you should really try out first since none of those will harm your paint ( given that you clean the area of application thoroughly asap after treatment). I believe those are the best ways.

If those are not strong enough, then I would try a light polishing compound with light or diminishing abrasives.

Dont jump the gun and always do a test spot some where less noticeable.

Remember, if you get water spots in the future in the same regional areas........ you cant wet sand them down forever. Eventually you'll meet base coat.
since we're all jumping the gun here with abrasives... maybe you should read the start of the thread where he said he had water spots on his GLASS! No base coat there as far as I know
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote