Old 10-01-2003, 06:40 AM   #7
BrokenCrank
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42682
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Blue w/4EAT

Default Enlightenment wanted:

Can someone with a 2000+ please help me?

I have a 2000 Outback wagon. I purchased Whiteline 'control' springs for it, as that is what Whiteline lists for my car. I installed them, and not only did the car drop more than 30mm, but the top few coils don't seem to fit the 'hats' at the top of the struts!

Is it necessary to fit hats from another model (a la the STi units mentioned above), or did I get the wrong springs? I have been in contact with Whiteline, and they were not aware of differences in the U.S. Outback vs. the rest of the world. I have been told though, that the 2000 Legacy takes a different model spring due to it's cylindrical shape which sounds just like the stock coils I removed!(as opposed to the almost cone-like shape of the Whiteline's I got).

No one has given me a definitive answer, and I am wondering what you folks do when installing aftermarket springs...Are different 'hats' needed for 2000+ cars?

The car looks great at it's new height! It corners very flat in steady-state curves, but there is a bit of 'porpoising' over undulations. I think one front strut is almost shot (45k) and unfortunately the aftermarket doesn't support the Outback!!! Looks like I will have to go with stockers again.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BrokenCrank is offline   Reply With Quote