silverwrx19224
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500246
Vehicle:
17 WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
I normally do my own work, but replacing a clutch in my unheated garage in the middle of winter was not something I wanted to do again, so I took my car to AndrewTech this passed Monday. They got it done in a day, for a good price (parts were supplied by me), and didn't charge me labor to repair the transmission snout (still charged me for parts, understandibly). The quality of their work greatly surpassed IAG.
I tend to do my own maintenance and install my own upgrades as well but, I do not have access to a lift or the skills it takes for a tranny drop to be honest and that's why I was looking for a shop.

I took my car to Andrewtech last Friday. I was a little nervous leading up to dropping it off because the place was new to me. I went in for a noise I thought was a bad release bearing. They replaced the parts that needed replacing and let me take the car home the same day.

Unfortunately, as soon as I got home and started driving in stop and go traffic the noise came back like nothing had been done (not blaming anyone). The guys were awesome throughout the process and offered to have me bring it back this coming Friday for free. Hopefully whatever it is can be fixed soon. The car is just sitting in the garage because I don't want to drive it so uber and the bus are my rides to work for now
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
silverwrx19224 is offline   Reply With Quote