Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393893
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2002 impreza WRX
black

Quote:
Originally Posted by subierex929 View Post
2003 WRX. Looking to swap a complete jdm ej205 into the car. Both jdm dealers I spoke with advised me that my car does not have avcs setup. I can get the jdm ej205 non avcs for $1,000.00. Gonna use it with the usdm ecu and either the cobb accessport,which i already have, or get a dyno tune. I've noticed the non avcs jdm motors have red spark plug wires to where my current motor has coil packs. Not really worried about avcs since i will be getting a tune either way. Want to get my hands on a motor this week so i am trying to get everything figured out before making the purchase. I've searched everywhere and get mixed reviews. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Do i need to swap over coil packs with all the wires to the non avcs ej205?

Do i swap over all of the externals from my usdm motor onto the jdm ej205 non avcs when using the usdm ecu?

Would it be easier to just purchase one with avcs since the externals are similar to the current motor and just leave it unplugged instead of getting the non avcs?

Would the stage 2 cobb accessport map work with the swap or would the dyno tune be best?

Anyone running either engines with or without avcs and using the usdm ecu? If so, what kind of tune are you running? Cobb or dyno?
Please refer to my last comment.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jonpers172 is offline   Reply With Quote