View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #149
DE DADDY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 504382
Default Ej2.0 into a usdm 2005 forester xt

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah.botez View Post
Hi everyone! I have put a good amount of time in research about my issue here but still didn't find a solid answer.

I have 2003 WRX with all stock ej205. What happened was my turbo decided to go kaboom in the middle of a freeway. After I realized that it might of took out my internals I took the engine apart to see.
Sure enough I had a hole in piston 4. Also looked like it had a cracked camshaft. Basically a full rebuild is needed, which would cost me no less than 2k. On the other hand I've seen some good JDM ej205 engines for about $1k.

Let's say a JDM engine will have AVCS - will I need extra wiring or JDM Ecu to work properly?Or will it work with my USDM Ecu? I've seen people say yes and no so I am kind of confused. I am not considering any big power upgrades, so far I just want to go stock and make sure everything will work like it should. And yes I want to be able to pass emissions. I am a student so my budget for this project is minimal. Please help!
I have a 2005 forester xt that i need to do an engine swap or rebuild on. Due to time and only having one car presently, i wanna do a swap. I was looking to get a jdm 2.0 with the avcs since my car is equipped with this. My other concern are the 2 cam sensors at the back of my engine, are those on the jdm motor and would my harness and ecu work with the jdm ej2.0. Sadly its automatic. Oh and one more thing i have the cobb v3 correctly running would i still be able to use the cobb with the jdm motor?

Thanks in advance
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DE DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote