View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
Craig4g63
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 217175
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
WRB

I would say pay attention to the width of those tires. Some 245's get almost as wide as some 265's when dealing with auto x tires. So you may have issues fitting correctly without pulling fenders to get camber where you want. you will at least have to roll if you haven't already.

NOTE: I'm not that familiar with fitment on the 9-2x so you will want to verify this. I'm dealing with the 03 wrx sedan.

I haven't noticed much difference between the 235 vs the 245. 245's do seem to have a slight increase in overall traction but seem a little heavier in steering effort. That makes the 235 feel a little more nimble. 235's also give a little gearing advantage so the car feels a little quicker responding to throttle input.
All the differences are very small but it may make a difference to you at an auto x.

I think you would be very happy with either wheel. I think the Mach V have better clearance for big brakes if you have or plan to upgrade those.

I've only had experience with the RS4 and the Direzza. I preferred the Direzza slightly at auto x as they seemed to have a slight increase in over all traction vs the RS4. The RS4 do wear well and may be better at your track days due to that. The Direzza also felt a little better in the wet.

Hope that helps.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Craig4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote