Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridestreet84 View Post
more surprised you are selling the WRX, but im sure it will be in good hands, just make sure you let him know that if he goes to sell it you have first right to buy it back, youll miss it
Well, I guess I spoke too soon and counted chickens before they hatched. The 20 something year old kid found out the insurance costs were going to be too much for his limited budget, so he backed out of the deal. A shame really that these once great cars are relegated to unaffordable to own to a segment of the population not due to operating costs but to insurance costs.

No worries. I will keep the car circulating with our other vehicles as a commuter/fun car. We live in the country surrounded by farms. One of the reasons for wanting to sell it was that the car sat for a while before Luke started driving it and field mice had a good gnaw on my JDM HID wiring harness. We got that issue resolved but I was afraid of that happening again if the car sat for an extended length of time.

It was interesting using objective insight watching my internal barometer as the young man's departure date (and car purchase) loomed. I began looking at the vehicle with soft eyes again, getting all misty looking through the extensive records of invoices since day one. No loss , no harm, no foul.

Drove it in to work every day this last week, just hit 200500 miles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote