Old 07-19-2003, 03:12 PM   #10
totoherbs
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7321
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
.... 122 IggPoints
Work... ahhh... so tired.

Default Re: Do ya' ever wish we had a 7th gear?

Quote:
Originally posted by 944 turbo guy
So you just got your Vishnu, Prodrive, Godspeed, whoever youworship tuner, ECU-exhuast-performance kit installed, and you're sweeping past 168 and you just want to shift ,...yes,..again into 7th gear?!! WOW,..like when the F1 cars at INDY on the back straight go into 7th gear,..and your spine tingles,....

Think about it,.with 340 @ the wheels,..The sti could push a slightly talled 7th gear,.put the revs back in the hp and tq curve.

I find myself wanting to shift into a talled gear now !!

I'm not trying to take anything away from Prodrive's great design,.but could you imagine if we had gotten the UK and Japan 5th and 6th gears,.( shorter) ??

Just a late night thought----

944 turbo guy

180 mph STI @ like 6400 rpms

Oh and before anyone starts "yeah rightin' a 180 mph STI,.there is a thread on this forum of a guy in Thailand maybe with a 460 hp @ wheels STI that several magazines( over there) tested and clocked at 182 mph. YEP !! Anyway,.good night on that note.....

mw
some longer deration cams will help that.... easy to move up the power band then change the gears. I dont know why you would want (shorter?? i cant remember either) gears. I would be looking at the taller jdm gears.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.