ZAZstyle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53140
Legacy SOA is evil

Name: Z Brown

Make: Subaru Legacy GT Limited 2001

Mileage: 39500

Time Out Of Use: 0, I need my car

Problem And Likely Cause: Squeaking noise from right front wheel and vibration at highway speeds.

Modifications: SPOmotorsports intake, Borla Headers, Brospeed Exhaust, SS brake lines, custom sound system, front and rear strut bars, Bridgestone Turanza LS-H

Submitted For Warranty Work (Yes/No): Yes

Reason Given For Denial: SOA rep claims that the mechanic determined this part tampered with...read the story...

Your Story: During normal driving for me, I began to notice an intermittent squeal and unsercure sound from the front tire. Like any concerned enthusiast would do i took it to the dealer since i did not know the severity of it. At highway speeds, vibration could be felt as well as a pull. I found this strange especially since I had an alignment done less than 3000 earlier. I take it to a Subaru dealer ( Casey Subaru, Newport News, VA) and the mechanic takes my car while I talk to the service rep. After about 12 minutes, the mechanic brings my work order back and briefs the rep. They claimed that my entire Hub bearings and Wheel assembly would have to be replaced. How in the heck does a factory sealed hub need to be replaced at 35k? The charge was somewhere in the area of $811 parts and labor. I asked why and the mechanic said that the hub had been tampered with. I found this difficult to believe since the only thing ever done to the wheels were a tire change and the installation of the brakeline which never had anything to do with the assembly. They refused to service it under warranty and said my car wasn't safe to drive...Of course SOA wanted vehicle records and gave an indication that they were taking the mechanics word over mine.

Resolution: Although many don't get this result, please understand that I'm no idiot. I took my car back to the service station that installed my tires in order to receive my tire rotation since It was under Service agreement. The squeaking curtailed slightly and the vibration was lessened. IT was still a problem so I took it to Sears where I got my alignment done. The mechanic there was helpful and carefully took the wheel off the car under my supervision. He then took the wheel off to examine the "damage." He immediately grabbed a large socket that fit the hub and tightened it. He then took a ball pinned hammer and banged a metal piece that the Subaru mechanic said was installed improperly down. PROBLEM SOLVED. I never take a NO less than three times when It comes to my car or anlything I buy. And to think they tried to hit me for $811 before a 60k service.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ZAZstyle is offline   Reply With Quote