Member#: 15341
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNut View Post
First time out with the new camera!

I know that a few of these are a bit soft (Next time I'm bringing the tripod), and I could use some advice on the white balance, as I was also having a bit of trouble with that.

Other than that, I'm actually pretty happy with these (As always, let me know what I need to work on, as I still think that they're a bit "centered").
Nice work! I like your 2nd one the best, although I wish the car was pointed more toward the camera like it is in the last two photos. I love how you can see the whole road behind the car and how it gets out of focus as you go back. Overall though, please don't be afraid to post higher resolution photos here on the thread...it makes it much easier to critique things such as sharpness and detail. 1024 pixels on the longest side works great.

As far as white balance goes, when it comes to snow photos specifically, you can really go either way. If you keep it on the colder (blue) side, it works since the whole scene is cold anyway. However, if you move it toward the warmer (orange) side, the colors tend to have a little more pop and saturation, which is also important when your scene is mostly white in the first place. It really is a judgement call by you the photographer...I tend to go with a tiny bit more on the warm side overall.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote