Scooby Newbie

Member#: 244192
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
ARC FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6 View Post
Can you elaborate where do you see this on the log ? Or how it specifically relates to AF learning and AF correction values. I trying to learn about FTCL tuning and I have seen custom etune logs with similar AF correction values (-10 near redline) as his log but the learning was at 0 or close it.

The target AFR on their 93 tunes was always on the lean side. 11.7 IIRC on the prior revisions. This one seems to be targeting 11.4.

Here is another log if you would like to take a quick look:

https://datazap.me/u/e90/map-v70?log...1-2-3-10-13-27
Full time closed loop is just keeping the fuel trims active so its able to keep it more in check for weather changes, atmosphere, etc... look at your AF correction and you will see what I mean. Each tuner has their own strategy, but what I found that made the most driveability/power was richer fuel, more timing. Low timing + leaner = a lot of heat. And a lot of heat leads to knock. But really your car is running leaner than that target actually. If you had an aftermarket wideband on it or a tail pipe wideband from a dyno, you would see it would be lean up top where the corrections are high. On the ones I've done, when in O/L mode, they follow target perfect. And the O2 sensor reads about 10% rich. Switch to full time closed loop and the sensor follows target perfect, but it's removing 10% up top because the sensor is telling it too because it's scaled wrong
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mr.nicknasty8 is offline   Reply With Quote