Scooby Newbie

Member#: 195757
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Spark Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaruImpreza05 View Post
That's what I figured. So, here is a link with a diagram: http://www.ezsubaruparts.com/parts/2...iagram=7591281

So I am getting from this, that my front cats are built into the exhaust assembly that comes from the port on the heads....and that there is a secondary (downstream?) catalytic converter as well, components 1 and 6. This would total $1,090.00 not even shipped. Screw that.

Any options? Is there a standard, such as the catalytic converter that goes bad often is the rear one? or something of that nature? I don't want to go UEL because of sound but I also don't want to spend $exas on a car I want to just use for business and regular commuting. I think I can monitor each o2 sensor individually with the Actron (I no longer have the Tactrix unfortunately) so is there a set of values I can look at on the monitor to see if it is my front cat or rear cat? I believe the sensors measure in voltages.
You won't be needing #6 as this is a resonator and as such is not monitored (no sensors here) only the ones you have replaced as you stated. the only right way is new cats which is a real pain in the wallet?? Just quoted someone at work and it was about $750 fitted, and I work at a stealership!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fod1 is offline   Reply With Quote