View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
lcesardo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158841
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default Coolant not returning to radiator...

Well, If somebody can figure this out, it's be great.
My problem starts when I run high rpms and make full boost, and what happens is that my coolant reservoir fills up all the way till it spills. I've done several flushes and the coolant comes out clean,
with no oil in it, buy I must say that foam appears and some bubbles when hot, but then cleans up and settles.

Then, when the engine cools down, the coolant won't go back, the radiator will have full level of coolant, but the reservoir near the turbo has a low level of coolant, so what I have to do DAILY is pour the coolant
from the white reservoir to the black one. It doesn't overheat, or at least I don't allow it since I do that every time.

The other thing is that, IF i drive it slowly, no problems of this would occur, they only show up when I RUN the car, city drive gives me no issues at all, no air bubbles at idle.

I think it could be a headgasket, however there is no oil in the coolant or viceversa. However, I must say that my engine has DARTON SLEEVES, FORGED PISTONS AND RODS, and my mechanic says it could be a temperature issue, since I still have the stock radiator, with a 1.1 cap on the black reservoir and a 1.3 rad cap on the radiator, its a 2002 wrx.

Any ideas?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lcesardo is offline   Reply With Quote