View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #188
Thomas Ruble
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12694
Vehicle:
02 WRX/JDM EJ207RA
Unabomber Eeee-thug

[quote=GeneralTJI;23023271]Where the hell did I get the idea 205 Rods are forged??

The USDM 2.0 ej205 has forged rods... The pistons are cast and of course the crank is also forged.

My jdm ej207RA motor (serial #ej207dw4ej) came out of an 02' sti limited car. I bought the entire drivetrain also.

The 02' jdm motors have a unique forged piston that was specific for the 02' motor only. The piston top has deep valve reliefs on both sides of the crown.The crankshaft has dual chamfered (beveled) bearing oiling holes and is a beautiful piece. The rods however are very similar in design to the ej205...

My original plan years ago was to stroke the motor (JUN 2.2 kit) but after tearing the motor down and inspecting everything I really liked what I had seen and decided to keep the shortblock as is with only a few tweeks. Since then I have beaten the living poop out of this motor and she still has the same compression #'s as when new.

The big port heads are now modified along with custom grind Tomei AVCS cams and I'm running an AVO 600 turbo with tial 44mm ext. wastegate. She is waiting to be tuned with my new HKS Vpro standalone ecu.

Tom
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Thomas Ruble is offline   Reply With Quote