jvb6806
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136327
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
01 Outback Wagon
Green

Default proper A/F and boost?

i have searched around nasioc and cannot find the answer... if someone knows of a thread for me to read please link me.

that aside...

i have an 02 WRX with a 3" exhaust and am currently running Cobb "stage 2" fuel map.

pulling the map with openECU the target A/F is down around 9.8:1 at redline. i am assuming that they are just playing it safe because the stock map is somewhere around there at full load and redline, but do subaru's really need to run that rich? i tuned for 12:1 at 20psi on my DSM w/ a 16G and supporting mods. i would like to edit the map so i am not pouring raw fuel in. my AEM wideband pegs at 10:1 when i am running out the gears as well.

i figured i would rewrite the map as follows and run something closer to 11:1, because from what i read subaru's need a lot of gas up top. what kind of A/F are you guys looking to hit when tuning?

this is the cobb map (2.09 barA = 16psi)

this what i was thinking about running... (2.24 barA = 18psi)

my second question is it appears from looking at the compressor maps on the 13t that it is still running at ~74% at 18psi at redline.... what kind of boost pressure are you guys running on a stock turbo with a proper tune? i am coming from the DSM world so it was 20psi on a 16g and lean it out till it knocks... trying to play by the subaru rules this time around.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jvb6806; 09-05-2007 at 11:35 PM.
jvb6806 is offline   Reply With Quote