NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
Chris is an engineer and not a marketing major. I don't think he begins with how to best market his products which isn't to say he doesn't think about it. I agree that some sort of better comparison data would help to plop down the bucks for this kit, but the design and testing are at least transparent which is more than I can say with other companies who use the term "testing."

Personally I would like to see a standard 3076 thrown on to compare to the other efi logic dyno runs. It would take out the effect of the gtx wheels on the spool and curve and at least allow some correlation between the reduced header volume.

Chris these guys do have a point. The kit won't be cheap, so a bit more effort on the comparison data can help with skepticism. If the pricing were a lot lower I don't think the skepticism would be as great.
You are so right. I'm not much of a salesman and hate the shady BS aspects of sales & marketing. I fully understand how data will sway sales, but the goal wasn't to make a higher quality or better performing version of another rotated kit. It was a kit fully designed in 3D CAD to produce the most ideal turbocharger performance characteristics. Removing over 26" and over 180° of bends was no easy task. It wasn't just a big turbo raised a few inches above the OEM location, because it conveniently fit there, and then made into a production piece.

If the kit doesn't provide higher quality and beter performance vs similarly priced kits (and in some instances much more expensive kits), there's no point for us going into production. As simple as that. So far, a lot of data is pointing in that direction. We'll see.

On the 3076 check out below... Although now that I'm thinking about it I can't recall if this was a GT or GTX and it was also catless :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
The closest thing I could find on 93 pump gas/no meth was an 04 STi with an ATP3076, althought non-catted downpipe. Coincidentally the car has our header on it It made nearly the same whp, but 30ft/lbs less and reached full boost 450RPMs later.

If anyone can find a better comparison please post. I like to use the EFI dyno database because it's huge and where the car/kit was last run. I could not find any 3071 that comes close on 93 pump. Most fall 20+whp/wtq short
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.